Another surgery may still be performed in order to revise the previous surgery’s outcome. This may be a result of an inevitable medical error or unexpected complications. In order to correct the damage and prevent further injury, a prompt revision must be done.
What is Implant Revision?
A medical procedure done in order to fix the unexpected outcome or results of a previous surgery. This is usually results from faulty implants or unskilled surgeon. It is best to consult first with the best plastic surgeon in Sydney and other experts to avoid revisions.
Common Problems that Require Implant Revision
There are common cases wherein this procedure is done. An expert in this field can easily detect it if proper assessment is done. The best plastic surgeon in Sydney for example, will know if it is a problem with implant revision or not upon looking at the problems such as:
- Capsular contracture – describes scar tissue formation in the surrounding area of the implant
- Undesirably palpable implant – also termed as rippling, is a condition wherein the shell of the implant can be palpated and felt below the skin.
- Bottoming Out – also termed as implant malposition or double bubble. It is a condition wherein the implant is positioned in a low manner.
- Implant rupture or leakage – a leak or rupture of the implant misshapes the part of the body where the implant is attached.
What are the Factors that may cause Implant Problems?
Cosmetic surgery providers may have implants that of low quality and can have unexpected outcomes. Cosmetic surgery Sydney ensures that the implants are safe and will function with high efficiency. The following are some factors that cause implants problems:
- Implant is too small or too large
- Low fill ratio of saline implants
- Overfilling of saline implants
- Pre-operative body part has insufficient or little tissue
- Unskilled healthcare practitioner
What are the Surgeries that may be done in Conjunction with Implant Revision?
Depending on the complication, specific surgical procedures are done to repair and revise an implant. Professionals like cosmetic surgery Sydney will perform the following procedures together with implant revision:
- Capsule removal
- Implant removal that may or may not have replacement
- Implant repositioning
- Wound revision