About forty to sixty percent of men are suffering from what is universally known as “man boobs” or medically termed as Gynaecomastia. If you happen to belong to this percentage, you are lucky because you won’t longer have to live with this embarrassing situation. Males with Gynaecomastia have excess fatty tissue in their breasts which is due to the abnormal augment in glandular tissue. Gynaecomastia is a medical word that originates from the Greek words ‘women like breasts’. This problem can knock off body confidence.
Male chest reduction surgery can treat Gynaecomastia. This procedure utilizes the same techniques used during fat removal surgery or liposuction. This simple operation only requires minimum time to execute and comes with a short recovery time.
Male chest reduction surgery is progressively becoming trendier among men nowadays as many learn about the method and the positive impact it can offer to the patient.
- Flatter, firmer and better contoured chest area
- Increased self-esteem
- Increased self-confidence
- Feel more in proportion and less self conscious
- Ability to wear tight-fitting clothes
- Ability to show off body in the beach
During the Treatment
Male Chest Reduction Procedural Steps:
- The incision
- Removal of excess fat
- Closing the incisions
- See the results
The entire process generally takes one to two hours to complete.
- The surgeon will recommend the patient on how long to stay off work.
- The patient must take sufficient rest for 48 hours right after the operation.
- The patient should steer clear of bending and heavy lifting.
- The patient will experience some swelling and bruising but this will subside not later than one to two weeks.
- The treated area will be wrapped with an elastic garment which should not be removed without the surgeon’s presence and go signal.
- The patient must attend the follow up post-surgery appointment to be informed about the proper care of the wound and also, the surgeon could assess and ensure that patient is healing well.
Take the next step. If you want to learn more about male chest reduction surgery, set an appointment with us. We will be happy to discuss it with you.